What is your research area?
Building Stock Modelling
What attracted you to working with the ERBE CDT?
It is an excellent programme that attracts excellent students
Where do you see the significance of this research?
The long lifespans of buildings and infrastructures mean there are significant risks of undesirable sub-optimal or partial refurbishments being ‘locked-in’, rendering future energy performance improvements more difficult or expensive. Understanding existing dwellings stocks, before making energy efficiency interventions, is therefore vital. Effective policy and decision making starts with an accurate information
What’s the biggest learning you have had so far in your research and academic experience?
Follow the data, the data tells you what to do next
What advice would you give to someone considering a PhD?
The journey is the reward.
What is your favourite quote to work and live by?
“By saying yes to this, what am I saying no do”
- Residential stock energy modelling, the default effect and statistically relevant modelling data
- Thermophysical characteristics of the Ireland’s housing sector
- Integration of heat pumps to retrofitted dwellings
- Vernacular and current thermal characteristics of the residential sector in Ireland
- Energy Performance Gap
- Deep Retrofit
- Optimisation of Heating Systems